- Get all of your travel documents in order. Double check the visa requirements for each country.
- Copies! Get a duplicate bank card if you can. I could not. I bank with Scotiabank, and I did let them know I would be travelling. They also sometimes have a “security lock” on the card so you cannot use it out of country. So yes, let them know. I did take a picture of the card and emailed it to myself.
- A copy of your travel documents and prescriptions. This would also be a good time to get a few extra passport photos. I emailed some to myself and then printed one as well
- Do a backpack/luggage test. Wheel or wear what you think around for a day.
- Figure out where to best change your money.
- Check the Government of Canada site for travel advisories. http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories
- Subscribe for free to Google News for the countries you’re going to be going to. https://news.google.ca/
7 QUICK TIPS TO PREPARE FOR YOUR RETIREMENT OVERSEASsamson2016-05-11T02:33:30+00:00